NovaSure is a simple and fast endometrial ablation procedure that helps control heavy menstrual bleeding. Additionally, the procedure is minimally invasive and takes less than 5 minutes to perform. For many women who are finished childbearing, it is the best choice to lighten or stop menstrual periods.
Choosing the NovaSure procedure is, in many cases, the best choice that a doctor and their patient can make because it avoids a hysterectomy and its associated risks and longer recovery time. Secondly, the NovaSure procedure can help patients avoid years of hormone replacement therapy, which has many side effects. Most women who choose the NovaSure procedure experience no pain and are able to return to a normal daily life within 24 hours.
Studies show heavy menstrual bleeding can affect women in a number of ways:
- Many feel tired and nauseated
- Many experience bad cramps
- Many have headaches
- More than 60% have had to miss social or athletic events1
- 80% report avoiding sex
- 33% have been forced to miss work
- 77% have depression or moodiness
- 75% feel anxious
- 57% report a lack of confidence during their period
- It’s Safe: No pills. No hormonal side effects.
- It’s Effective: For 90% of women, menstrual bleeding is dramatically reduced or stopped.
- It’s Quick: NovaSure is a one-time, five-minute procedure that can be done in your doctor’s office, usually for the cost of a copay.